Automotive Service Technician
Start date As soon as possible
Salary to be negotiated
35-40 hours weekly
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Automotive Service Technician Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years
Mechanical Repairer Specific Skills
Test and adjust units to specifications; Complete reports to record problems and work performed; Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions; Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit; Repair or replace mechanical units or components
Coach and instruct apprentices; Estimate parts and labour costs; Provide customer service
Area of Specialization
4-wheel drive; Standard transmission; Front end components; Engine repair; Engine repair and overhaul; Diagnostics; Diesel engines; Automatic transmission; Alignment, steering and suspension; Drive train components; Imported vehicles; Ignition and electrical system; Fuel and emission system; Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system; Brake system; Electrical and electronic system
Security and Safety
Driving record check (abstract); Criminal record check
Tools; Steel-toed safety boots
Own transportation; Own vehicle; Valid driver’s licence; Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods; Overtime required
Work Location Information
Automotive Service Technician Specific Skills
Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements; Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems; Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor; Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components
Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
Location: Service Department
Auto Glass Technician/ Auto Window Tinter
Location: Trans Canada Nissan
We are searching for an experienced and motivated Accounting Assistant who is an excellent multitasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. Our Accounting Assistants can expect to assist the Accounting department with data entry, processing, and recording transactions, updating the ledger, assisting with audits or fact-checking, and preparing budgets and reports. You should be thorough, accurate, and honest with good bookkeeping skills.
To be a successful Accounting Assistant, you should have an understanding of basic Accounting principles and proficiency with computers and software, such as MS Excel. You should be trustworthy, efficient, and organized.
Accounting Assistant Responsibilities:
- Providing support to the Accounting Department.
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Handling communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
- Processing transactions, issuing checks, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Preparing financial reports.
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
Accounting Assistant Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in related field or the equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software, strong typing skills.
- Exceptional time management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles.
- Professional manner and a strong ethical code.
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
Location: Trans Canada Nissan